There are numerous fitness methods and sports practices today that mainly aim at increasing the muscular strength, as well as boosting the cardiovascular endurance and stamina. Modern world however poses innumerous stressful challenges during our daily activity that would be more successfully met, through a system that treats and trains the body and mind as a whole. Health cannot be measured only by muscle development indicators, excluding our mental and emotional state.
WellDay experts actively teach and promote training methods such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Do In, which are specifically designed to bring the organs and muscle functions under the intelligent control of the mind. These methods contribute equally to development of physical, mental and emotional capacities and upgrade the individual’s ability to live a health life and perform well in every occasion.
- Unlike other forms of exercise which strain muscles and bones, holistic exercise restores and rejuvenates the body, by increasing energy storage and safely removing negative feelings caused by the fast pace of modern life.
- Yoga and Do In asanas balance the operation of all major systems such as respiratory, circulatory, digestive, excretory, reproductive, nervous and hormonal and produce a state of dynamic equilibrium that combines mental peace and intellectual clarity.
- Asanas also have a healing effect on the deeper and more subtle parts of the body namely glands, nerves and inner organs that are toned and efficiently stimulated through the various movements.
- They increase muscle flexibility and strengthen the spine by applying a wide variety of vertical, horizontal and cyclical movements, which direct the blood supply to the depleted areas of the body that need more oxygen and nutrients.
- Combining awareness of the body postures, breathing patterns and active relaxation produces rapid rejuvenation, as the mind turns entirely calm and introvert, withdrawing gradually from sensorial perception.
- The practice of pranayama breathing tones the elasticity of the diaphragm in the solar plexus area, enabling us to better handle emotional and mental stress.
- Furthermore it increases the concentration of immunity cells in areas affected by disease, enhancing thus our natural immunity and vitality.
- Relaxation techniques bring serenity to the bode cells, relax the facial muscles and effectively release all muscle tension.
Yoga minimizes the impact of stress on the individual, as the regular practice of asanas and pranayama strengthens the nervous system and helps people face stressful situations positively
Yoga Acharya Iyengar